Crooked, cracked, and discolored teeth can affect the way you interact with the world. If you have a smile you always hide, you might find yourself avoiding or missing out on life’s biggest events, such as going on that first date or auditioning for the lead role in a play that you just know is meant for you. At Bowser Dentistry, we believe that providing ongoing, extraordinary dental care means offering a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry services, so that our York, PA patients can feel proud of their smile during life’s most important moments.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry consists of a suite of services designed to improve the appearance of your teeth. These services allow our York, PA cosmetic dentist to brighten, straighten, or reshape your smile so it reaches its full potential just in time for your next big opportunity.
At Bowser Dentistry, we specialize in crowns, gum lifts, and tooth-colored fillings, as well as many other services that can change your smile in a time frame that suits your needs.
Our cosmetic dentistry services include the following:
At Bowser Dentistry in York, PA, we know that your smile is more than an accessory — it is key to your feelings about yourself and the world around you, and it strongly influences how others perceive you. When you hide your smile, you hold back your joy and could even push people away from you. If there’s something about your smile that makes you cover it up every time you laugh, you’re a perfect candidate for our smile design services, which include treatments like teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants.
Our Approach to Smile Design
Like our approach to your dental plan, at Bowser Dentistry we believe that designing your smile should be a collaboration. First, Dr. Bowser meets with you to learn more about your lifestyle and goals, as well as what you want your new smile to look like, and then he develops a plan to make it happen.
Smile Design Services
Smile design improves both the appearance of your smile and your overall health. An important part of smile design is addressing underlying health issues, such as tooth decay, so that your smile is not only beautiful but also healthy. After your oral health is restored, you and one of our smile design experts may decide to move forward with cosmetic treatments such as:
- Dental implants: Implants offer a permanent, long-term solution for missing teeth. Not only do they look and feel like natural teeth, they also maintain your facial structure and integrity.
- Crowns: Porcelain crowns are the perfect restoration for cracked, chipped, or broken teeth. These natural-looking covers make imperfections in teeth entirely unnoticeable.
- Teeth whitening: We offer both at-home and in-office treatment options using the most effective teeth-whitening systems available today. All treatment options are simple and noninvasive.
- Porcelain veneers: These ultrathin, tooth-colored coverings are custom made and are fit to the front surfaces of your teeth, changing the appearance to the size and shape you desire. Veneers are perfect for fixing discolored and chipped teeth.
- Straightening: Straightening your smile no longer requires years of wearing metal wires on your teeth. There are a variety of “invisible” straightening options, such as Six Month Smiles® and Invisalign®, which allow you to have a straighter, more esthetically pleasing smile in just a matter of months.
As you age, your teeth are exposed to foods and drinks that stain them. Though your teeth may be perfectly healthy, they can appear damaged and make you look older. Fortunately, if you have deep stains or want to achieve a brighter smile quickly, Bowser Dentistry in York, PA has teeth-whitening options that can help you acquire a beautiful, youthful-looking, bright smile.
Types of Tooth Stains
Tooth stains fall into two categories: extrinsic and intrinsic. Extrinsic stains are the yellow and brown stains that occur on the surface of your teeth. Intrinsic stains occur inside your teeth, making them appear gray or blue. Some surface stains can be removed with whitening toothpastes and over-the-counter teeth-whitening kits. However, these approaches are limited and can be painful or can cause tooth and gum sensitivities. Professional-grade products are needed to remove deeper extrinsic and intrinsic stains and to treat individuals with sensitive teeth and gums.
Professional Teeth-Whitening Options
There are several approaches to teeth bleaching that our dentists can use to help you whiten your smile by eight to 14 shades in a short amount of time.
- At-home teeth bleaching: Dr. Bowser will provide you with a teeth-bleaching gel and a mouthguard to put it in that has been customized to your bite. He will then assign a teeth-bleaching regimen for you to follow. Results typically take a little longer than the in-office option; however, the process takes place within the comfort and convenience of your own home. It typically takes 10 to 14 days to achieve the desired results with this method.
If you feel uncomfortable interacting with strangers and friends alike because of teeth that are discolored, darkened, chipped, missing, or unevenly spaced, we have the perfect solution atBowser Dentistry. As part of our commitment to helping patients achieve a smile they can be proud of, York, PA cosmetic dentist Dr. Bowser offers porcelain veneers, a restorative treatment that can simultaneously fix your teeth’s size, shape, color, and spacing issues, restoring your confidence and quality of life.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin pieces of custom-made, highly durable, tooth-shaped porcelain or resin composite materials that adhere to the front surface of your teeth. They improve your teeth’s appearance by changing their shade, shape, and size so that you achieve the smile you have always wanted.
What Are Lumineers®?
Lumineers are ultrathin and highly translucent porcelain veneers. They offer a pain-free approach to whitening and reshaping your teeth. Because of their thinness, Lumineers don’t require as much reduction of the natural teeth as do traditional veneers, and their high durability makes them incredibly resilient, so they last more than 20 years. Lumineers are priced similarly to traditional veneers, giving patients a real reason to smile.
Getting Your Veneers
The entire porcelain veneer process takes place over the course of three visits.
- Your initial visit at Bowser Dentistry will include a consultation. Dr. Bowser will meet with you to discuss what you do and don’t like about your teeth, and how you would like them to look. The visit may include taking x-rays and making impressions of your teeth.
- During your second visit, Dr. Bowser will prepare your teeth for the veneers by removing some enamel and buffing the surface. A model or mold of your teeth will be made and sent to a laboratory that will construct your veneers. You’ll be fit with temporary veneers while you wait for your permanent ones to be made.
- Once your permanent veneers are ready, you’ll come in for your final visit to have them bonded to your existing teeth, perfecting your smile.
Before the end of your last visit, we educate you on how best to care for your beautiful new smile so you can feel more confident than ever before.
Over time teeth can become weak or severely worn down, leading to decay, cracking, and breaking. This can cause pain and embarrassment. At Bowser Dentistry, York, PA dentist Dr. Bowser can restore your teeth to the right size, shape, and strength, alleviating your discomfort in the process. A natural-looking, custom-made concealment called a dental crown can be fit to your broken tooth, returning your smile to its beautiful, natural state.
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns offer a permanent and protective solution for a damaged or broken tooth or teeth. They can be made out of a variety of materials, such as gold or acrylic resin; however, the natural look of porcelain is the preferred material for most crowns.
What Is the Procedure for Getting a Dental Crown?
The process for creating and fitting dental crowns takes place over two to three visits across two or three weeks. Dr. Bowser first removes all decay; then the damaged tooth is sculpted and prepared for being fit with a crown; and finally, an impression of your tooth is made for creating the custom tooth crown. You will be fit with a temporary crown while you wait for the permanent one to be made. When your crown is completed, Dr. Bowser places it onto the permanent tooth, ensures the fit and look are correct, and cements it into place.
Once fit with your permanent dental crown, you’ll see that it was worth the wait. When crafted carefully and with your individual needs in mind, a permanent crown can restore your confidence, comfort, and overall quality of life.
At the York, PA dental office Bowser Dentistry, we understand that preserving your natural smile is important for your quality of life. Sometimes, however, teeth are lost or must be extracted. When this happens, it can affect your ability to perform simple daily tasks, such as eating and speaking, as well as your self-esteem. As your partner in dental health, it is our job to help you find the tooth replacement solution that best fits your lifestyle. For many, dentures are the perfect option.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable replacements for teeth and the surrounding gum tissue. High-quality, personalized, and well-fit dentures can restore your youthful appearance and confidence while improving your ability to eat and speak naturally.
There are a variety of denture options available today to fit every patient’s dental, personal, and financial needs. Three options are full conventional dentures, overdentures, and partial dentures.
Full conventional dentures:
- This type of denture is used to replace all teeth on one or both jaws. They are custom made to imitate your gumline and teeth, and to fit your mouth perfectly. Full dentures are one of the most affordable solutions available. The main disadvantage to this option is that they may become unstable because of the gradual bone loss that occurs after tooth loss.
Overdentures: Though slightly more expensive, overdentures are an extremely stable, long-term option. They are supported by natural teeth, if available, or by dental implants, which support the overdentures but also help maintain bone volume and your natural facial structure.
Partial dentures: This option is possible if you have remaining teeth, and the two types are removable and fixed. Partial dentures are supported by permanent teeth or dental implants that surround a gap left by a missing tooth or teeth. They consist of replacement teeth attached to a gum-colored plastic base. Permanent partial dentures are cemented to crowns that are placed on the existing teeth on either side of the gap. The removable partial denture has internal clasps that can attach to clasps placed on the crowns. This option keeps the teeth surrounding the gap from moving, and it is very stable while esthetically resembling your natural teeth.
What Is the Process for Getting Dentures?
The process for getting your custom dentures takes place over several weeks and visits to Bowser Dentistry. It begins with Dr. Bowser getting to know you, your lifestyle, and what you need from your denture experience. You will be walked through your options so you can decide what is best for your unique situation. Once you have decided on the denture option that is best for you, we will take the following steps, which will allow us to craft a beautiful, custom set of dentures designed to maintain the appeal and integrity of your natural teeth and facial structure:
- Dr. Bowser will take impressions and measurements of your jaws and how they function with one another.
- Models of the shape and position of your future dentures are constructed so that you can try them out before the permanent ones are created.
- Your final dentures are made and Dr. Bowser fits you. Adjustments are made as necessary.
A vital part of our standard of care at Bowser Dentistry is taking time to get to know your oral health history, your lifestyle, and your smile concerns so our cosmetic dentist can, in partnership with you, design the smile of your dreams.
Request an appointment by calling 717.757.3474 or by using our online form.